Saturday, August 9, 2008

Hot Pepper Harvest

The first of many. This is from only 2 plants. We have 15 (or is it 17...or 20?) more.
Now some of those peppers didn't pass muster and instead went into the compost bin. ($#$@%#$ing slugs! have been at them....all this !#$!#$ing rain!) With the rest (the bulk of them) hubby canned 3 quarts and 3 pints of hot pepper rings. These aren't extremely hot -- about a 5 on a 1-10, 10 the hottest, scale. He did, however, add habaneros to one jar. Ohhhh....that's gonna be the hot one. Those habaneros make my tongue feel like a laser has sliced through it.

I'll tell you about canning them in an upcoming post on my at home blog.

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

My husband would be drooling. He loves habaneros. His father was from Hungary and they love their peppers.
My husband takes the habenaros and cooks them down to make a sauce. VERY hot. Actually after he makes it, it is so permeated in his skin that he has burned me by just touching me. His super calloused construction hands can handle it.

blogger templates | Make Money Online